Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Walentine's Day

Happy Walentine's Day!  This is how Alex says Valentine's Day since she sometimes forgets if it's a W or V sound as in German they are interchangeable.  I really love her!  She's great!  For the big Love Day we were doing homework all day as both of us are incredibly bogged down with presentations, group work (Singaporeans LOOOOOVE group work...I think because they don't work well in groups--very independent workers really), and papers.  I have four presentations, two papers, and a group work this week--all from Mon-Wed.  ARRRGGHHH!!  This is how we study...





After our homework was done though, we got dinner and went to see a movie--New In Town which I'm sure is like two months old in the states, but it was nice to watch a little romantic comedy.  The couples were disgusting though..blah.  Alex was my Valentine.  Roman came along as our third wheel..ha.  We also went on a "Boogie Bus Pub Crawl" all over Singapore this weekend. We went out for Sabrina's 21st birthday on Wednesday and had dinner at this place called Highland Village where we got some nice Italian food for a little change.  It was a really good time.  

Saly, Rafael and I are counting down the days to Wednesday when we leave for the Philippines (Borcay Island), Hong Kong, and Macau.  We are sooo excited and ready to get out and explore some more!  This will be a ten day trip.  While I'm there, Mom is having surgery, so keep her in your thoughts and prayers.  I really hate it that I can't be there with her, but she's tough.  

I listen to country music every day as it is one of the things that I'm really starting to miss from home.  I have it on my iPod, but it's not the same as having it in your car on a mini-road trip to get a soda from Sonic.  Wow, I'm losing it.  But Alex has even requested some country tonight.  We were sitting at our computers facebooking and she said to me, "Would you put on some of your country music please?"  I was so proud!  She's a doll and I hope by the end of our exchange we travel together, but it seems like she's been everywhere I want to go!  Maybe Laos?  We'll see.  

I'm very slowly but surely getting over my sickness.  I've also started applying for internships...can't I just be lazy for a summer?  I have applied in some ad agencies in kansas city, pr firms all over, and a teach for america position in phoenix which I got an interview for.   I'd really like to get an internship in KC if possible, but I'll take whatever is paid.  Wish me luck!

Until next time.

1 comment: